Will Wells Cargo/Haulmark stand behind their warranty?

Home Forums General comments or questions Will Wells Cargo/Haulmark stand behind their warranty?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TrailBuilder
    Participant

Been having a heck of a time getting American Cargo Group (they own Wells Cargo and Haulmark) to stand behind their trailer.

My 2020 6×12 has been driven only ~1300 miles, and has been sitting in my driveway rusting further as I wait for American Cargo Group to stand behind their product.

I contacted the dealer about warranty, they passed me to the manufacturer. Wells Cargo has offered to have Por-15 painted over the currently rusted areas, but the dealer to which they referred me declined to do the work because they felt it was an insufficient repair and did not want to be liable for future problems. Alternatively, ACG said I could deliver/ship (at my “out-of-pocket” cost) it back to the factory in Ogden UT for them to do it.

It has been almost a week since the dealer informed ACG that they would not do the repair for the reasons posted above. I’ve still not heard from ACG. Crickets.

Let’s hope they do the right thing. Keep ya posted.

Unfortunately this is not an uncommon problem with many trailer brands.

Also, it would really be great if you would post your comment under the comment page for Wells Cargo. People that are searching for a trailer will be able to see your review/comment easier. https://cargotrailerguide.com/trailer-brand/wells-cargo/

Where is your trailer rusting? Is it the entire metal of the trailer that has a problem?

TrailBuilder
    Participant

It has rust on nearly ever frame member I can see. I imagine the rust is propagating in the locations I cannot see as well, such as between the frame and floor decking. I’d post pic here if I could. A handful of screws were either not fulling installed or already backing out too.

Good idea to post on the Wells thread to help others avoid a similar fate. Thanks.

To see the pictures and read the reviews for Wells Cargo, here is the link:

Wells Cargo

TrailBuilder
    Participant

Update on the situation with Wells Cargo and ACG: We sold the trailer at ~$1k loss and still no further response from ACG.

Will post this on the Wells Cargo thread as well.

brent ward
    Participant

beware of Wells Cargo, I purchased a 2020 16’road force it was unstable to tow and wore one tire out in just a couple thousand miles. I took if to a wells cargo dealer and they found one leaf spring was 2 inches shorter than the other 3. Wells cargo refused to fix it because im the second owner even thou it left their factory unsafe!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General comments or questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Cargo Trailer Guide | Reviews & Classifieds
Logo